After uproar from a section of the public and Indian ministers, the no-hold barred ‘roasting’ of Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor by organiser AIB has been removed from YouTube.
This was the first “roast” of its kind in India featuring the two Bollywood stars, plus Karan Johar. The event was attended by 4,000 people including stars like Deepika Padukone, Sonakshi Sinha and Alia Bhatt. The event was recorded in Mumbai last week and went viral online. The organisers said that the proceeds from the event, amounting to Rs. 40 lakh, were donated to charity projects.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said earlier, “If the AIB roast was vulgar and not in accordance with the law, then we will act.”
Have taken down AIB Knockout for now. We will speak soon.
— All India Bakchod (@AllIndiaBakchod) February 3, 2015
Meanwhile, Ameya Khopkar, president, Maharashtra Navnirman Chitrapat Sena, said that Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor and Karan Johar films will not be releasing until it received an apology. We will not let any film featuring the actors present at the AIB comedy show to be released in Mumbai, until they apologise for their actions.”