KBC 3 opens well but fails to break record


The verdict is out! STAR Plus’ money-spinner ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ with Shah Rukh Khan went live on Monday and has opened up to just average numbers.

According to TV audience measuring body aMap’s overnight figures, the first episode of the new series was viewed a TRP of 5.3 (C&S, 4+, North, West and East India).

Among the metros, Mumbai has garnered the highest viewership with a TRP of 6.3, followed by Delhi at 2.5 and Kolkata at 2.

In fact, these figures are lower than the opening figures of KBC 2. As per aMap ratings, KBC 2 had garnered a TRP of 9.5 in Mumbai, 6.5 in Delhi, and 5.4 in Kolkata.

However, when compared to other shows, KBC 3�۪s performance was better than the top scoring shows of the previous week. For instance, as per aMap, ��Kyunki Sas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi�۪ was the highest scorer last week with a TRP of 4.7.

Meanwhile, OMS (Optimum Media Solutions), in association with Hansa Research conducted a survey in Mumbai and Delhi through the night of 22nd January (post 22:00) until the morning of 23rd January, to gather the first impressions of viewers.

The study revealed that 60 per cent of the viewers have decided not to miss any further episode of KBC3. And the other 40 per cent will watch the next few episodes for sure. In a similar pre-programme study done by OMS and Hansa Research, only 21 per cent had said that they wouldn�۪t miss any episode and 71 per cent preferred sitting on the fence.

The comparison between KBC3 and its previous series would be incomplete without the comparison of two hosts. And the OMS-Hansa Research survey reveals that 69 per cent liked the way Shah Rukh Khan conducted the program and interacted with the participants and the studio audience. However, in the pre programme survey, 58 per cent had said that Shah Rukh Khan would not be as good a host as Amitabh Bachchan.

Rival measuring body TAM will release its statistics later this week. Keep it with BizAsia.co.uk to find out if KBC 3 will be able to pick up or sustain its TVR in days to come.

Latest From Related Articles

In Picture: ‘Ishqbaaaz’ star Additi Gupta marries Kabir Chopra

In Picture: Kapil Sharma weds Ginni Chatrath

Meghna Gulzar on making film about acid survivor Laxmi Agarwal

Leave Comment

Please enter your name here
Please enter your comment!