The newly launched, Lebara Play app has added live Indian television channels and on-demand movies to its expanding line-up of offerings.
Customers can now subscribe to watch free and premium, fully licensed Hindi, Bengali and Punjabi live television and on-demand movies, in addition to existing Tamil, Turkish, French West African and English West African content. Additionally, the Lebara Play app can now be downloaded in 39 European country app stores.
Aditya Thakur, CEO of Lebara Play, said, ���Thanks to the relationships we�۪ve built with the world�۪s leading specialist content providers, we�۪re able to give customers access to all their favourite channels and movies in one place. Existing providers take a ��one size fits all�۪ approach for ethnic viewers, whereas we have an in-depth understanding of our audiences�۪ needs and provide niche but deep content, with no commitment or upsell.�
Lebara has recently signed deals with some of the world�۪s leading Asian networks, including:
-Sony MSM Network, including India�۪s biggest movie channel, Sony MAX, plus general entertainment channels, Sony TV Asia and Sony SAB, featuring world famous talent show ��Indian Idol�۪ and iconic comedy ��Tarak Mehta�۪;
– Star Network, home to Star Plus (with top-rated dramas such as ��Diya Aur Baati Hum�۪ and reality cooking competition ��Masterchef India�۪), Star Life OK, featuring mythological series ��Mahadev�۪, flagship movie channel, Star Gold, plus market-leading Bengali channel, Star Jalsha;
– Viacom18 Network�۪s hit Colors channel with reality and comedy programming such as ��Jhalak Dikla Ja�۪ (Strictly Come Dancing), and ��Comedy Nights with Kapil�۪, as well as the original Bengali channel Colors Bangla;
– ZEE Network�۪s ZEE TV, featuring talent shows such as ��Sa Re Ga Ma Pa�۪, India�۪s newest general entertainment channel, &TV, plus ZEE Cinema�۪s extensive catalogue of blockbusters from Amitabh Bachchan and other movie legends, alongside celebrity-driven Bengali channel, ZEE Bangla, and Punjabi entertainment channel ZEE Punjabi;
– PTC Network, leading the Punjabi entertainment market with channels including PTC Punjabi, PTC News and PTC Chak De, broadcaster of Gurbani from the Golden Temple, the popular ��Voice of the Punjab Chhota Champ 2�۪ and the eagerly awaited Season 2 of ��Mr Punjab�۪, along with their dedicated Punjabi film and music award shows, sports extravaganzas such as the Kabaddi World Cup, and all the latest Punjab news;
– Bollywood entertainment specialists, B4U, broadcasting music-themed B4U Music and B4U Movies, which also features exclusive A-list interviews, behind-the-scenes footage of the biggest blockbuster films, plus Bollywood gossip and news; and
– Times Network, the TV division of India’s largest media conglomerate, Times of India group, which operates the leading news and Bollywood entertainment channels in India and around the world.
Programming combines the best live TV entertainment with free and premium video on demand (VoD) content, which now includes transactional VoD and the option to ��rent�۪ a movie. Lebara Play offers access throughout Europe to more than 150 top-rated television channels and over 3,000 popular movie titles for streaming on mobile, computer and tablet. The option to watch via set-top box on a TV set is also available in the UK, Germany, Netherlands and France.