Despite opposition from the Indian Premier League on Sony MAX in India, Star Plus continued to rule the ratings, according to data for week 21 of 2012 from TAM.
Star Plus delivered with 238 GRPs this week (last week 234). Sony MAX and Sony Six, were down in viewership in the final week of the IPL tournament. MAX was down to 170 GRPs (last week 229), whilst Sony Six could only register 40 GRPs (last week 64).
Colors returned to second place by joining ZEE TV. Colors added 10 points – delivering 184 GRPs (last week 174), while ZEE TV stayed static as last week with 174 GRPs.
Sony Entertainment Television Asia could muster in only 149 GRPs (last week 152).
Sony SAB TV delivered 135 GRPs (last week 132).
Star Life Ok recorded 130 GRPs this week (last week 122).
Sahara One could only get 15 GRPs (last week 13).
The Top 10 most watched shows on Indian TV Week 21 of 2013
1. Diya Aur Baati Hum (3.7)
2. Pyaar Ka Dard Hai (2.9)
3. Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai / Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah (2.8)
4. India�۪s Dancing Superstar / Balika Vadhu / Uttaran (2.6)
5. Qubool Hai / Sasural Simar Ka (2.5)
6. Madhubala / Saathiya (2.3)
7. Veera (2.1)
8. Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke /MasterChef India / India’s Best Dramebaaz (2.0)
9. Pavitra Rishta (1.9)
10. Punar Vivah (1.8)