ZEE TV has celebrated its 29th anniversary in India.
The broadcaster, which was the first satellite service of its kind in India, still dominates the Hindi general entertainment space. Punit Goenka, ZEE Managing Director and CEO paid a moving tribute to the company employees’ persistence and hard work.
He said, “I am delighted to share that on this day, 29 years ago, we set pen to paper and laid the foundation of an extraordinary institution and an Academy of Talent, which we called ZEE. Back then, a lot of people thought it was a bold and impossible idea, but the power of passion and perseverance paid off and here we are today, celebrating 29 glorious years of ZEE!”
He added, “These 29 years have been remarkable to say the least! A journey wherein we embedded a culture of consistent value creation and sustained growth. This would not have been possible without your persistence and hard work.”
Touching upon the merger between Sony Pictures Networks, Goenka said, “I cherish the strong bond we have formed over the years, which has always enabled me to be as candid as I can, in sharing my thoughts with all of you. The best is yet to come! The proposed merger with Sony Pictures Networks India will make us the largest Media & Entertainment company in the country. I am extremely confident that with Sony as partners in our value creation journey, the combined synergies will help us strengthen our capabilities to create sharper content, that enriches the lives of our consumers.”
He added, “I am always with you in this journey, and we will continue to walk this path together to script newer successes. I am humbled by your unwavering support to the Company, and I doff my hat to the leadership team at ZEE, for instilling a healthy and collaborative culture that enables you to push the boundaries consistently.”
In the UK, ZEE TV started its operations in 1995 after taking over from TV Asia. ZEE UK operates ZEE TV, ZEE Cinema and news channel, WION. As well as the three linear services, it also boasts of OTT streaming platform, ZEE5. Recent highlights for ZEE UK include:
– The successful launch of English news channel, WION – the first Indian HD news channel in the UK.
– Innovative and extensive marketing surrounding, ZEE5, attracting huge eyeballs during the pandemic.
– Renewed relations with popular outlets like Lyca Radio, amongst others.
– New employment opportunities generated for UK people through ZEE TV, ZEE5 and WION
– Felicitating and working along with UK sales houses/agencies during the pandemic without compromising.
– Local initiatives connecting UK audiences to important campaigns like the NHS and sports tournament like Euro 2020 using popular ZEE faces.
– Promoting harmony in the community with concepts like ‘Dance Africa Dance’.
– ZEE Network UK named amongst fastest growing Indian media outlets by CII and Grant Thornton.
BizAsiaLive.com wishes ZEE Network all the best on its 29th anniversary.