Vinta Nanda, who accused Alok Nath of raping her, has now filed a complaint at Oshiwara Police Station. The veteran television producer and scriptwriter approached the police with a complaint and a request to file an FIR. Her move comes after Nath filed a defamation case against her seeking an apology and compensation for alleging recently that he harassed her and raped her multiple times more than two decades ago.
Nanda told the media outside the police station, “The police have accepted the complaint, they will file an FIR.” On 8th October, Nanda had stated in a Facebook post that Nath, who was starring as the male lead in her production ‘Tara’ in the early 1990s, had sexually harassed her, got six of her shows cancelled by the channel and raped her in her own home, reports the Ahmedabad Mirror.
“When I woke up the next afternoon, I was in pain. I hadn’t just been raped, I was taken to my own house and had been brutalised. I couldn’t get up for my bed,” she wrote. Nath fought back against the allegations by filing the defamation suit.
The Indian Film and Television Directors Association (IFTDA) had issued a notice to Nath on 10th October after Nanda complained to them. However, he rejected the notice and his lawyer, Ashok Sarogi told IFTDA that there is “no complaint at all made with any of the police authorities nor filed with any of the legal authorities” and that the notice has been served on the basis of “interviews and some complaints on social media”.
IFTDA President Ashoke Pandit told the media on Tuesday: “We are calling a meeting to find a way… We will follow whatever is permissible under the law of our association, to protect our members. Yes, she (Vinta) did not complain to the police, but she did complain to us. So we will take a strong stand.”
Stick with BizAsiaLive.com for more updates.