Star Plus’ popular series ‘Saath Nibahana Saathiya 2’ has been forced to stop filming due to the surge in coronavirus cases and the Maharashtra lockdown.
It was reported on BizAsiaLive.com previously that weekend shoots of TV shows will no longer be taking place. However, it now seems some shows are making decisions based on their own situation.
Akanksha Juneja, who plays Kanak Desai told ETimes TV, “I am in utter shock and sad of what suddenly happened in the city. We were shooting extra because there’s lockdown over the weekend. We were planning to create a bank by working till Friday. We were all prepared. By evening when we got over, we came out and made calls to our home. We got to know there’s shutdown in the city. When we discussed among ourselves, what was gonna happen. We had no idea whether we are shooting tomorrow, not shooting tomorrow or till when are we not shooting.” She further added, “It is a complete chaos because nobody has any idea. It’s an uninformed lockdown. No one has any idea how long it is going to last. Production house said they will inform us as and when they get any circular about it from the authorities. We got to know some areas are going under lockdown and were discussing the same. I am in shock. We just started six months back, it’s new.”
She was asked whether ‘Saathiya 2’ could face the axe due to the sudden stop. She added, “I pray nothing like that happens. People are loving this show.”