Republic Media Network has shared an email from BARC India over allegations it faces about rigging ratings in India.
In a press release by Republic TV, it said that it had received an official email from rating agency BARC clearly stating that there is not a single complaint or malpractice found against Republic TV, Republic Bharat or any other affiliate of the News Network. With the disclosure of BARC, the fake news- based campaign against Republic led by Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh comes to an end.
The release added that “crumbling the pack of lies floated and repeated over the last nine days by Param Bir Singh and a section of the media, the BARC email to Republic Media Network’s Group CEO Vikas Khanchandani specifically confirms that there is no malpractice by the network. In the interest of making the truth public before the people of India.”
It also laid out a list of facts of the latest piece of evidence:
– On 17th October, 2020, the Republic Network Group CEO Vikas Khanchandani received an official email from BARC clearly stating that there is not a single complaint or malpractice found against or by our Network by the rating agency.
– Quoting from the email by BARC, “If there was any disciplinary action initiated under the said Code against M/s ARG Outlier Media Private Ltd., then BARC India would have communicated the same to you along with necessary documents for your response.”
With this documentary evidence by BARC out in the public domain, three things are proven, Republic TV said:
– The Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh’s comments against Republic TV were blatantly false, lies and an extension of political vendetta. It is now incumbent on him to apologise for his lie-ridden campaign against India’s Number 1 news network.
– That every word uttered across certain sections of the media is false, unsubstantiated and fake news. Now that the truth is out in the public domain, the onus is now on those portals to correct themselves, apologise for the fake news and put out the truth.
– The Republic Media Network which runs on the highest professional and journalistic standards has been vindicated after a 9 day slander campaign curated by vested interests and we have been duly informed that there was never a case against us.
Keep it with BizAsiaLive.com for more.