After rumours aplenty surrounding the postponement of Diljit Dosanjh’s concert in Houston, the promoters have come forward to clarify their stance on the news.
It had been reported that the Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE) wrote to Dosanjh asking him to call off his Houston, USA concert on 21st September, as it is promoted by Pakistani national, Rehan Siddiqui.
Due to rising tensions between India and Pakistan over Kashmir, both countries have barred artists from one another’s country. Recently, Mika Singh was pulled up for performing in Pakistan during the ban.
FWICE had said that if Dosanjh does not respond to the notice, he would be suffer the consequences. His representative told Mumbai Mirror, “I have just become aware of the letter issued by FWICE to me by an article published in Mumbai Mirror today (September 11, 2019). I was not aware of any such intimation by the Federation before today. I would like to state that my contract is only with Shri Balaji Entertainment. My dealings and agreement are with them only and nobody else that is mentioned in the article or Federation letter..in lieu of the letter by FWICE, I have decided to postpone my Houston show this time. I love my country and will always stand for the greater interest of the nation, India, always.”
Watch the full clarification video below by Dosanjh’s promoters: