After weeks of anticipation, the broadcast industry now has official viewing data from across India. As TV channels switched from analogue to digital, audience measuring body, TAM had decided against releasing any data for eight weeks.
The first lot of data (week 50) was unleashed today and it shows Colors as the most watched Hindi entertainment channel in India beating old rival, Star Plus. Colors delivered with 239 GRPs followed closely by Star Plus with 231 GRPs. Sony Entertainment Television Asia was in third with 201 GRPs. ZEE TV slipped to fourth with 191 GRPs.
Sony SAB TV was in fifth with 140 GRPs, followed by Star Life Ok, which managed to get 130 GRPs. Star Utsav was in seventh with 38 GRPs, while Sahara One dropped to eight with just 23 GRPs.
In terms of programming, Colors once again ruled the top ten:
1. Balika Vadhu (5.8 TVR)
2. Diya Aur Bati Hum (4.8 TVR)
3. Sathiya / Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (4.3 TVR)
4. Sasuraal Simar Ka (4.1 TVR)
5. Madhubala (4.0),
6. Tarak Mehta ka Ulta Chashma (3.7 TVR)
7. Sapane Suhane Ladakpan Ke (3.5 TVR)
8. Pyar Ka Dard / Pavitra Rishta (3.4 TVR)
9. Mahadev (3.4 TVR)
10. Qubool Hai / Bade Achche Lagte Hain / Uttran (2.7 TVR)
1. CID (3.3 TVR)
2. KBC (3.3 TVR)
3. Crime Patrol (2.8 TVR)